Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Longevity

At 93, I feel I have lived long enough to have a personal opinion on longevity. I read an article that says your personality may be the key to a very long life. They examined the personality traits of 246 children of people who lived to be at least 100. The study showed that those who live the longest are more outgoing, more active and less neurotic than other people.
(Time/CNN – The Year in Health 2009)

If this is true, they didn’t interview the offspring of the people who live in my building. I was under the opinion that the crabby, nit picking and somewhat neurotic lived the longest, or maybe that’s just how it feels. But then again, I have been active, outgoing and interested in everything around me –so I guess the study is true.

No comments: