Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Strange World - DECISIONS ON ERRORS OF FACTS

I have been in the “unknown” (strange world ) for nearly 30 years always believing it was “routine” after an auto accident and the symptoms were not unusual. But I may be one of the very few to search for answers during all those years hoping to be able to return to normal, which I saw as the original me.
Contrary to everyone’s opinion and belief, what I found was so unusual it left me no other possible choice but to accept my situation. All others thought I was making a wrong decision when I decided to try it…a situation that my body was actually telling me it could not be changed. When I did try, small, invisible change began to appear indicating something slightly different and subtle was happening to my body, I decided to stick with it. It was the wisest decision I ever made. My bodily memory lasted long enough to help me remember how long I had not been able to use my muscles, which resulted in their loss of the use of their active ability to function normally, and became stratified. I was not smart enough to know this was the reason why they couldn’t function nor was I aware enough of the importance of finding out why at this point)
Stimulating this and all the bodily functions, in the end took more than two years of stimulation – to help them try to function normally, again.
Or, so it seemed. But it was not so. It had by now been so depleted that whatever energy had not yet been completely exhausted, made it appear as though it was still functioning normally But one day, it exhausted itself It stopped functioning entirely, for more than a year. No one in the health care personnel field seemed to know the reason why. But, did they or had they just gone on assuring themselves their treatments were helping me, knowing full well they weren’t. When I finally called to find out why I was no longer being helped to my utter disgust, I was told by the person who had been giving those treatments for so many years, actually CONFESSED he, and others, had known all along that neither his or any other treatment was capable of curing or relieving it but was only capable of slowly continuing to delay any progress he had told me I was making.
It was just another ‘Health care treatment” that was known could only slow down the deterioration, but never telling me or the public or letting me know that was all it was capable of doing.
Would I, and other patients, be better off knowing the truth and learning to live with it rather than camouflaging the correct information to let us think we were actually being on the road to normalcy? Or was it money which seems to be more important these days than humanities health care?
Just another disillusionment of a health care professional we are told we are getting but are we?
It is almost frightening to think of what we are leaving our children to correct for themselves and their children and the future health care for all of us, including the world. What it will eventually do to our reputation is beyond the stretch or our imaginations.

No comments: